DIDYou
Welcome to DIDYou!
Please check out our guidelines before signing up!
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to get in contact with a moderator!
Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

DIDYou
Welcome to DIDYou!
Please check out our guidelines before signing up!
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to get in contact with a moderator!
Smile
DIDYou
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» I was a guest...
grumble--ok that was kinda stupid EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 10:26 am by pearl diver

» they lost my paperwork
grumble--ok that was kinda stupid EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 9:26 pm by The Glass Menagerie

» language *tw*
grumble--ok that was kinda stupid EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 12:35 am by seb

» Your opinions please
grumble--ok that was kinda stupid EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 8:23 pm by ShadowOfTheDay

» Just... argh!
grumble--ok that was kinda stupid EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 1:30 am by The Glass Menagerie

» Overwhelmed.
grumble--ok that was kinda stupid EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 3:01 am by piecesofme.rebecca

» "you don't have a right to feel insecure"
grumble--ok that was kinda stupid EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:38 pm by The Glass Menagerie

» *TW* (language/medical) NHS
grumble--ok that was kinda stupid EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 11:44 am by The Glass Menagerie

» all the things i would love to fuckin say to you..
grumble--ok that was kinda stupid EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 1:51 am by Jakey

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 122 on Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:20 pm

grumble--ok that was kinda stupid

5 posters

Go down

grumble--ok that was kinda stupid Empty grumble--ok that was kinda stupid

Post by The Glass Menagerie Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:27 pm

i wanted to see if i'm -really- allergic to aloe. cuz i had a sunburn before i used solarcaine on and well, i swelled up like a chipmunk, the doctor said i was allergic to aloe...but he never saw me, so you know, possibility of being wrong, right?

so i used hand sanitizer with aloe tonight. and had to wash it off right away. cuz now i have a bit of a rash on my hands, my arms are all itchy, and i just feel miserable.

that was really brilliant of me. Rolling Eyes

stupid aloe. stupid allergies. RAWR FACE.
The Glass Menagerie
The Glass Menagerie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female Posts : 636
System : too many to list :3

Back to top Go down

grumble--ok that was kinda stupid Empty Re: grumble--ok that was kinda stupid

Post by Dodger Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:47 pm

Aw i'm sorry about that~! Hope your okay...
Yea doctors can be wrong, you never know. But allergies can be dangerous so I wouldn't go around testing stuff a doctor said you were allergic to heh.

Aw well live and learn :3
Dodger
Dodger
High Member
High Member

Female Posts : 158
System : Me, Teal, Sarah, Mage, Mel, Tiff, Mark, Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Glass Menagerie Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:51 pm

:lol: yeah, it wasn't the smartest of decisions. XD but i wondered a lot cuz Teddy said before he didn't think i really was.

lesson learned, dude, YES, i AM. Razz i'm tempted to email him right now and be like you suck, i itch a ton and feel like shit, thanks a lot. XD; lmao

i am, it's not like an anaphylactic reaction or anything. -that- would be freaking scary. Shocked i'm not home alone though, so that's good regardless~
The Glass Menagerie
The Glass Menagerie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakey Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:55 pm

Ouch! Sounds itchy! *scratches*
Have you got some soothing cream to put on? It might make it feel better! grumble--ok that was kinda stupid 680781760
All the soothing creams always smell weird to me but I think they're so good at stoping itching and making your skin better!
Jakey
Jakey
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 519
System : Jess (host), Jamie, Eddie, & Oliver

http://jakebabel.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Glass Menagerie Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:07 am

-itch itch itch- Razz

no, i took benadryl though...conked out for ages, but i feel a lot better...still a lil bit itchy and weird-feeling but nothing like before. so yey for that!
The Glass Menagerie
The Glass Menagerie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Glass Menagerie Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:16 pm

language!

alright, what the fuck?! grumble--ok that was kinda stupid 1597927561 grumble--ok that was kinda stupid 1930843441 grumble--ok that was kinda stupid 334884854 grumble--ok that was kinda stupid 334884854 grumble--ok that was kinda stupid 334884854 grumble--ok that was kinda stupid 334884854

it was all cleared up today, seriously. and i mean, i only took the benadryl late night/early morning (i think my last pill was 2-something a.m. yesterday). so it was all cleared up, right? yay and joy and all that?

tonight...i go to the kitchen. i unpack some things like i'm supposed to unpack. i make a tv dinner. i come into contact with no known allergens.

i am covered with a fucking itchy as hell red rash now. grumble--ok that was kinda stupid 334884854 what the FUCK?! i didn't TOUCH any fucking aloe! unless the fucking sanitizer bottle spilled all over the bathroom somehow when i wasn't looking! what the shit is wrong with my body NOW? grumble--ok that was kinda stupid 334884854

i hate this. i have to take more benadryl, which i fucking hate doing because it makes me so fucking tired.

not to mention my aunt is gonna start thinking this is a fucking excuse, since she is asleep now and hasn't seen the rash.

MOTHERFUCKER. RASH, GO THE FUCK AWAY NOW, PLEASE. grumble--ok that was kinda stupid 334884854 grumble--ok that was kinda stupid 3307848339
The Glass Menagerie
The Glass Menagerie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:32 pm

I know this isn't a permanent solution, but why not try a different antihistamine? We take Cetirizine, which has never made me drowsy. Our friend takes Loperamide and has great success with that. They don't all have drowsiness as a side effect, you just need to find which and check the generic name of the drug on the box rather than the brand name to figure out which would be good for you. Another suggestion if it's a visible rash is an antihistamine cream.
This may be a daft question, but has the Dr. given you a scratch test?
I would say well worth seeing your Dr as soon as you can.
I do hope you feel better soon.

Sly
Junior
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Glass Menagerie Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:52 pm

We don't have another one here, is the problem. :< I shall go and search one out, though, thank you for the idea! :3 I'll see if I can find one of those. And we have no antihistamine creams. :< The medical stuff in this apartment is seriously lacking. D:

I have not had a scratch test, no. I think I might have when I was a lot younger, but my sister was the one with loads of allergies, so she got the tests and was miserable. They thought they had my allergies fairly well pinholed, I think. I mean, main ones are cats, the flu shot, aloe, and chickens...and then hay fever, basically. Oh, and laundry detergent.

But I'm thinking a trip to the allergist is becoming more and more of an awesome idea!~ Because this isn't like just having a sneeze attack (which is what I generally get in nature). Rashes aren't good. >.< They're actually really unusual for me. :/
The Glass Menagerie
The Glass Menagerie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Glass Menagerie Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:09 pm

Note to Myself:

Check all the labels in all your shower stuffs, just in case, because I am now wondering if part of our shower problems actually stem from unconsciously using things with aloe.

(Our legs itch badly every time we get out of the shower, basically. Lotion helps some, but it still blows.)

I -thought- I had checked everything, but another go-over is an amazing idea. So do that, self! Razz
The Glass Menagerie
The Glass Menagerie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by themoonwithin Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:57 pm

The Glass Menagerie wrote:
(Our legs itch badly every time we get out of the shower, basically. Lotion helps some, but it still blows.)

I had this same problem for a long time - then discovered that the shampoo/conditioner combo I was using had something I was allergic to in it. I wasn't good about making sure the last of the suds (i.e. down around the leg area, especially calves to ankles) were washed off 100% all the time before I hopped out of the shower and it resulted in an itchy red rash and dry skin. So yes - checking your shower products can be helpful!
themoonwithin
themoonwithin
Junior
Junior

Female Posts : 69
System : Frontrunner for The DarkStar System (Natural). Jareth, Daniel, and Erik.

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/darkstarsystem

Back to top Go down

Post by The Glass Menagerie Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:00 pm

Oh, I'm probably not so great at making sure everything is washed off, either...although I have noticed the last couple of showers, I take the shower head off and just sort of direct it everywhere...and that the itchiness has lessened...so aren't I a silly sheep, that definitely would help. And then need to check them all again to make sure 'cause aloe is very sneaky. Razz

And should also make an allergist appointment somehow, it's just that it's with my mum's insurance and it's really expensive anyway. :c Makes it difficult for anything to happen, especially 'cause my mum has a history of medically neglecting me, she always has to be pushed and prodded into realizing I need even basic medical care. Embarassed
The Glass Menagerie
The Glass Menagerie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: